Google Chrome has changed the way people browse and the simplicity is its key feature. If you are looking for a way to change your default browser to Chrome, we can help you set it straight away in a few steps. This will also help you to open any links directly on your Chrome browser.
- Select the Wrench Icon from the Right Side on the Menu Toolbar
- Select “Settings” from the drop down Menu
- On the Sixth Tab You should see the – “Default Browser” option
- Now Press “Make Chrome my Default browser”
How to Set Chrome as Metro App on Windows 8?
After you have set Chrome as your default browser, it will automatically launch as Metro App from the Start up Screen. But for Windows 8 there are additional settings to be implemented, to set it default browser under the Windows core settings. Follow these simple steps to set Chrome as default browser:
- Open Windows Desktop
- Slide your Mouse cursor to the corner of the right window
- You need to select the “Settings” from the appearing Menu
- Again select “Control Panel”
- Now select “Programs” and then “Default Programs”
- Click “Set your Default Programs”
- Now select “Google Chrome”
- Again select “Set this program as default”
- Exit Window
If you want to revert back the settings to Internet explorer or Firefox you can do so by following the same steps and then change the Default Program to – IE or Firefox.