Alexa Traffic Rank is a very useful tool for SEO analysts and webmasters to keep a track of their website graph. Chrome web store has many other extensions and plugins which integrates with the Alexa API and provides the rankings but this is the Official Alexa Chrome Extension.
You can get quick access to Alexa Traffic Rank and much other additional information such as –
- Websites linking to your site
- Approximate Traffic Analysis
- Similar sites
- Organic Keyword listing in SERPs
- Reviews submitted by other users about your site
Alexa Toolbar for Chrome has been appreciated by many web analysts as it could display both the country rankings and the world wide rankings which are very helpful to analyze geo targeting keywords and information.
How to Install Alexa in Chrome?
- Installing Alexa Toolbar is similar to that of installing any other chrome extension.
- You can follow the download link provided at the end of this article.
- Select Yes when promoted for Installation
- Wait a few seconds
- You should now see the Alexa Icon on Chrome Menu
- Fill up the details on the newly opened Window
- Press Accept or Skip and Exit
We have been using Alexa Chrome extension since the day it was made available in the chrome store. The only problem we found about this extension is that it is not consistent and crashes every once in a while. This may be due to other conflicting extensions or firewall applications. Apart from a few random crashes we still loved it for the quick information it provides on the click of a button.