Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
Results 1 to 9 of 9

This is a discussion on New Tab within the Plugins Troubleshooting section, part of the Chrome Plugins category: http://www.chromeplugins.org/google/...sion-7502.html Did everything listed under installation information, and now when opening Chrome I am alerted that Chrome could not load ...


  1. #1
    Paperhouse is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default New Tab

    Customize your "new tab" extension

    Did everything listed under installation information, and now when opening Chrome I am alerted that Chrome could not load the extension from 'C:\ChromeExtension'. The invalid value for 'content_scripts[0].matches[0].

    This is my my first attempt ever at using a extension and I am uncertain what to do next.

  2. #2
    sulasno's Avatar
    sulasno is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    What is the version of Chrome that you are running?
    Go to the Wrench and select About Google Chrome

    What is the version of Operating System that you are running?

  3. #3
    sarjoor is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    147

    Default

    If you want a custom new tab page, you can use this extension:
    https://chrome.google.com/extensions...mfelifcejbkmcd

    Or you can get a speed dial page for the new tab page with this extension:
    https://chrome.google.com/extensions...pgbbjdpbbkikmi

  4. #4
    Paperhouse is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sulasno View Post
    What is the version of Chrome that you are running?
    Go to the Wrench and select About Google Chrome

    What is the version of Operating System that you are running?
    4.0.295.0

    Quote Originally Posted by sarjoor View Post
    If you want a custom new tab page, you can use this extension:
    https://chrome.google.com/extensions...mfelifcejbkmcd

    Or you can get a speed dial page for the new tab page with this extension:
    https://chrome.google.com/extensions...pgbbjdpbbkikmi
    Thank You.

  5. #5
    StevePaul's Avatar
    StevePaul is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    1,522

    Default

    @Paperhouse

    The extension you tried to install is extremely old and was written for an extremely old version of Chrome and is no longer supported ...

    I would recommend the second of the 2 options (Speed Dial) as in Sarjoor's post ...

    If you don't want to mess with the NewTab page Only2Clicks is a good option as a Multi Thumbnail Homepage ... www.only2clicks.com

  6. #6
    Paperhouse is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarjoor View Post
    If you want a custom new tab page, you can use this extension:
    https://chrome.google.com/extensions...mfelifcejbkmcd
    Noticed the new tab goes blank when deleting the history and the URL has to be re-entered, is there a way I can stop this from occurring?

    Quote Originally Posted by StevePaul View Post
    @Paperhouse

    The extension you tried to install is extremely old and was written for an extremely old version of Chrome and is no longer supported ...

    I would recommend the second of the 2 options (Speed Dial) as in Sarjoor's post ...

    If you don't want to mess with the NewTab page Only2Clicks is a good option as a Multi Thumbnail Homepage ... www.only2clicks.com
    Thank You.

  7. #7
    Paperhouse is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarjoor View Post
    If you want a custom new tab page, you can use this extension:
    https://chrome.google.com/extensions...mfelifcejbkmcd
    Not sure if this is going to post this time, but I am using this extension at work and I noticed that when I delete the history I am getting a blank page instead of the URL I set. Is there a way to fix this problem?

  8. #8
    sarjoor is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    147

    Default

    It's probably because you are also deleting your cookies too using Ctrl+Shift+Del. This is a known behavior in Chrome 4.x. For details see http://crbug.com/28788 :

    "There needs to be some way to clear local storage from within Chromium's UI. This needs to happen for mstone 4 per Darin. Let's use the clear browser data box and overload the cookie check box to also clear out local storage. For mstone 5, we'll make things cleaner."

    One workaround is to clear cookies using Wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood > Show cookies and website permissions, which will leave your extensions settings intact.

    This will be fixed in Mstone:5 in http://crbug.com/26713

  9. #9
    Paperhouse is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarjoor View Post
    It's probably because you are also deleting your cookies too using Ctrl+Shift+Del. This is a known behavior in Chrome 4.x. For details see http://crbug.com/28788 :

    "There needs to be some way to clear local storage from within Chromium's UI. This needs to happen for mstone 4 per Darin. Let's use the clear browser data box and overload the cookie check box to also clear out local storage. For mstone 5, we'll make things cleaner."

    One workaround is to clear cookies using Wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood > Show cookies and website permissions, which will leave your extensions settings intact.

    This will be fixed in Mstone:5 in http://crbug.com/26713
    I don't know too much about computers so I didn't understand anything provided in those links, but I tried the workaround you posted and that seems to have worked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •