Note: This theme is not an official release by Google it was created by a third party developer. You will need to be familiar with swapping a .dll file in your Chrome installation to install this theme.
For those who like dark themes, this one will enable you to switch your default Chrome theme from blue to black. Here is a screenshot:
1. Download the file from the download link below.
2. Extract the files from the archive using your own extraction tool. Ie: WinRAR
3. Go to: (Replacing USERNAME with your username)
Vista – C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\0.2.149.27\Themes
XP – C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\LocalSettings\AppData\Google\Chrome\Application\0.2.149.27\Themes
And backup your existing, Default.DLL file (Just in case anything goes wrong)
4. Copy over Default.DLL from your extracted files into your Themes folder
5. Open up Chrome and walla! You have a new theme installed.
As noted above, this is a third party modification so backup your Chrome’s default.dll file in case you wish to revert or something goes wrong. Due to this being a third party release, please use at your own risk.